Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekends and neighbors

We had an impromptu dinner with two of our neighbor families (the Ericksons and Robisons) on Saturday (dutch oven cooking, YUM!). Bret had been out changing the oil and talking to neighbor Mike when he decided he wanted to cook for quite a crew! It was quite nice because Bret took care of practically everything (and it's a good thing, too, because I had rolled my ankle). I did a little clean up. It was the least I could do since he cooked such a massive meal!

We had a lot of fun. We ate outside and then we played some horseshoes and had a fire pit going. Mike was tearing it up at horseshoes against Bret and then Ryan. We then decided to play Mike and I vs. Ryan and Bret so I could drag Mike down a bit. I don't know what happened, but Mike just went cold. It must have been the pressure of having to carry me the whole time...even though I scored 6 of the 11 points (kudos for me because I suck at horseshoes). Anyhow, Ryan and Bret kicked our booties!
We let Oscar out of the kennel, and the kids decided to replace him, I guess...
See Kendra, if four kids can fit in there comfortably, surely big old Oscar is fine in it! Now I just need to get a lock on it so it can be my new babysitter!
The pictures below are just for my memory purposes (this blog is what keeps me on top of my journaling). Grayson loves sitting in Mabel's car seat for some reason. Doesn't look all that comfortable to me, but hey, whatever floats his boat.

Then on Sunday, I left the room to get ready for church. I left Mabel laying on the ground while Aiden and Gray were watching TV. So of course, Mabel started screaming...sometimes you just have to ignore her to get stuff done. Vote for me for Mother of the Year! I guess she was really bothering Aiden because I came back in to check on them and Aiden had her up on the couch by him and he was laying beside her singing to her. I wish I could have captured that picture, but by the time I grabbed my camera, he was sitting up by her and Grayson was climbing all over trying to get ready for his close-up. It really was precious. Here's what I captured instead:







Not nearly as precious!

2 comments:

Six Skinners said...

The weather must really be nice to be able to have dinner outside. In the words of Napolean Dynamite......LUCKY!!!

Jules said...

I love it when my kids do random acts of kindness to each other. What a great big brother Aiden.