Followers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ward Christmas Partay!

Saturday was our Ward Christmas party. I am so grateful to our activities committee for switching it to Breakfast with Santa! It has been so hard to go in the past to make it to the dinners what with Bret's work party and my Gingerbread Party. Aiden did have to miss his soccer game, but let's face it, he just doesn't seem to care about sports!

Anyhow, we had a pancake and ham breakfast with some fresh fruit and O.J. YUM! They had crayons out so the kids could color on the butcher paper. Then we sang some Christmas Carols (my personal favorite part of Christmas) with a few special musical numbers. And then we got to have a picture with the "special guest".

Notice Grayson and Mabel are in their jammies (Ok, Mae is always in her jammies) and Aiden is not. Some kids come in their p.j.'s and others don't. Well we were going to have all our kids in their pj's but at the very last minute Aiden says, I don't want to wear my pajamas. So he runs and changes, and he comes out in his Transformers shirt. Aaaargh! I cannot even tell you the number of times we've fought over this shirt. I didn't have time to argue this morning, so he got away with it. This shirt is the every morning request. He would wear that thing daily if I let him. What is it about "You will stink" that he doesn't get? How can I explain to my five year old that it's bad hygiene to wear a shirt every day or even without washing it between wearings (at least for a 5 year old). Anyhow, could have been a cute picture if my kids had all worn the same thing but instead looks a bit white trash. But I'm learning to choose my battles with this kid.


Aiden leading the music...No he was not asked to do so, he should have been sitting down singing along. Again, (through clenched teeth) choosing my battles.

Grayson enjoying the goods from Santa! He broke into his candy cane unbeknownst to me. I didn't notice until it was all over the floor and him (and I'm sure everything he touched between opening and my finding out). Bret was off doing bishopric duties and I was fending for myself at this one! Good times, good times... (Did you hear that in the voice of Phil Hartman in News Radio? If you didn't you're not Derek or a member of my family).

2 comments:

Sarah Rowley said...

Oh, Hollie! I totally hear ya about the transformer shirt! Carrie bought the boys shirts for their b-day last year and ahhhh! You know how I LOVE character shirts and they wanted to wear them all the time! I am just so grateful that their school has uniforms so I don't have to worry about stinkin' transformer shirts! By the way, I had a blonde moment and thought you spelled "party" wrong.

Six Skinners said...

Makes me kinda glad my kids have to wear "uniforms" to school. There is no fighting in the morning, just pick one of these 5shirts and go!

You should burn the shirt when he sleeps. (not telling you what to do, just a recommendation so don't make a post about me telling you what your kids can and can't wear.....blah,blah,blah).

Love you anyway!!!