Followers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Family Day

On Monday, Aiden was out of school so Bret took work off. The kids have been DYING to go to Golfland lately. Every time we take the US 60, they see it and ask, "When do we get to go there?" So we decided Monday would be a good day for it!
We discovered that Grayson just might be a natural! He had FOUR..count it, F-O-U-R! holes in one. It was complete slop, but the blasted ball went in with that one ill-controlled stroke.
Aiden about killed someone with eachof his "putts". He thought he was using a driver instead of a putter. And he was nonetoohappy that Gray was a better golfer than him.
Mabel let Bret "help" her at first. Then she decided there were better things to do.

Play in the water...

See all the sights...
Stick rocks down holes...
I was reminded just how bad at putting I am...or anything "golfy" for that matter.

We had a great time! I enjoyed it MUCH more than our zoo trip.And the new question for the next few months:

"When can we go to Sunsplash?"

1 comment:

Sarah Rowley said...

I am glad you had such a good day! I am horrible of mini golf too. My kids have been to sunsplash and golfland before, but have collective amnesia. Each time we drive by they ask when will we ever get to go there. Can't win.