Which leads me to my next favorite thing...dramatic pause...FABLEHAVEN! I know, I'm always late to jump on these bandwagons. But really, that is the only way to go, because if I had to wait in between publishings I may have lost a grip. Anyhow, I LOVE this series! I had been hearing whisperings of these books when I should have heard yellings!
I'm just gonna say it at the risk of offending all the Harry Potter fans out there...it's way, w-w-w-w-aaaay better than Harry Potter (although there are a lot of similarities, I just enjoyed the plot twists a lot more and the writing...it could be the American in me). And...fairies, and demons, and dragons...OH MY!
So I finished the fourth book last night. I read and I read and I read, Bret put the children to bed, and I read! I read like the wind, Bullseye! I couldn't put the thing down yet again. I will tell ya, the first book was a bit difficult to read, rather anticlimactic...but I was forewarned, so I pushed through it...and I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED, boy howdy! I was giddy with anticipation-giddy, I tell ya! And at one point and time I would have squealed like a school girl. But one glance at my slumbering husband forced me to contain myself. So I cracked my knuckles, bit my lip and I sallied forth!!! I finished it at 11 p.m. and couldn't get to sleep afterwards. The last time I looked at the clock it was 12:30 a.m. and I didn't fall asleep until well after that. I should have just started the last book! Blasted hindsight!
Do you get how much I love these books? If you haven't read them and you get the chance...DO IT! I would loan you mine but they're on loan to me from my very gracious nephew who I was informed is rather protective of them. And now I understand. Sarah, tell Carson thank you for me....thank you, thank you, thank you for these most awesomely awesome books!
That is all.
Carry on.
And now I'm hearing the Mesa High song.
And now you are too.
If you went there.
9 comments:
How many books are there? And where can you get them?
Hollie I love the Fablehaven books! I can even say I have been crazy enough to stand in line 4 times I think to have my copy of the new book signed by the author! As a matter of fact that is where I was for the bulk of the family Easter function this year. I'm terrible I know!
You can get them at Deseret Book, Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble, practically anywhere really. He just released his 5th and "final" installment of Fablehaven, but he has at least two other books out now. I have read Candy Shop Wars, but I didn't like it as much as Fablehaven. It was pretty good though!
Carson says you are most welcome! We are so glad that you have enjoyed them, yet a little worried that your heart will not be able to handle the last book! It is the best yet so make sure Bret is not sleeping so you will be free to make all sorts of noise.
My friend Sarah went to a book signing and reading (I could not go because of YW general broadcast) and she said Brandon Mull is like a rock star to her! So funny!
OK. I guess Fablehaven will be my next read. I'll just skim through book 1.
I love those books. I am on the 4th right now. I am having problams finding time to read it with cory on night shift I have to do everything. I love them too.
You're a freak!
Like me, but not for the books
yet
Better than Harry Potter?? Blasphemous! Ok, not really. I will definitely have to read them now.
And yes, the rain is wonderful!
It IS blasphemous that you think that they're better than Harry Potter. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Fablehaven books and recommend them to everyone(I believe I was one of the people that told you to read them), but they are not better than Harry Potter. I can't remember if you have read 'The Hunger Games' series, but if you have not, get on it NOW. The final book comes out in a few weeks.
Post a Comment