However, she serenaded us with quite a different sound on the way home...think Scream-O Band. I saved you the pain by not recording that one!
My Uncle Harold and Aunt Donna own a sizeable piece of land in Pinedale where they built their retirement home. So we all just camped out on his lawn!
Uncle Donald made some of his homemade salsa (cucumber and original...YUM!).
There were some horses on the back half of Uncle Harold's property. Mabel kept asking to go see the "horseats". I finally relented and took her back to the fence. We stood there for a while, the horses off in the distance. Then the horses (I assume they thought we had food because the other kids had been feeding them) started trotting over to us. Mabel took a step back as they began their approach. Then she took two more steps as they got closer. Then she took off running and screaming when she realized they were going to come right up to us! It was hilarious! She stopped when she got a good distance away. I pet the horses to show her it was alright, then she tentatively came back. But she would not come within more than six feet of the fence and she most definitely did NOT want to pet them.
This was my view for most of the first day...needy Miss Mae. "I hold you , Mommy."
I always have a good time with my dad's side of the family. I love to just sit and shoot the breeze with them. My Uncle Donald's sons and I could banter back and forth for hours...good times, good times. 
I swiped some of cousin Brett's salt water taffy and played guess that taffy flavor by taste and appearnace. He gave me one and asked if I could guess what flavor it was, and of course, I got it right! It was cherry cola, by the way. He apparently has no knowledge of my special food powers!
Sunday Morning Uncles Donald and Harold made some yummy breakfast burritos! Andy, the vegetarian that he is, made cheese crisps, so I had some of those, too!
We played a game called ASAP, where you flip a category card, and a letter card and you have to be the first to name something in that category that starts with that letter. I made my own rule, they had to come up with the funniest answer. Whoever made me laugh the hardest won. Andy won. Although, Lynda was a close second when the category was boys' names and the letter was 'U' with her response of Ungus. What the????! So we renamed Shanon's son, Cisco. Andy and I called him Ungus for the remainder of the day...Maybe you had to be there??
And you know me, I've always got to get a close up of Mabel (in Gray's absence)and her messy faces!
I played some Five Crowns with Kelly, Bailey, and Emily. I picked Kelly's brain for the good places to go yard selling. Lynda sat back and offered advice to Bailey. Codey, Tyler, and Madison were inside playing John's game (Generals of the Revolution) which is a highly complicated game. Lynda was helping Bailey play Five Crowns. Emily, Bailey, and Madison are sisters, by the way. Anywho, Emily made the comment that Madison (the younger of the three sisters) was inside playing Generals, while Bailey was outside struggling to grasp the concept of Five Crowns (a much simpler game). I nearly busted a gut!
After I got done getting the crap kicked out of me at Five Crowns, we moved on to Mexican Train. Mom and Kathy joined in. I continued to get the crap kicked out of me! Well, Bailey lost, but I didn't do much better.
The kids enjoyed the zipline Uncle Harold has in his front yard (purchased by Kelly at a yard sale I might add). You can barely see Marissa in this picture zooming on down, with Ungus watching. Codey got a nice little burn along the side of his neck from it and he said someone else got a burn under their chin...I wasn't about to try the thing myself.
I would have had more pics, but Mabel's songs took up a good portion of my memory stick. But good times all around!
2 comments:
what no picture of grandma Chloeguess it was better I would have broke your camera anyway. Good pictures of Mable so precious!!
Thanks to your video fo Mabel, Jay and I have been singing the wonder pets song for the past 3 days... good gravy. She cracked me up on that, I had no clue what she was singing until you sang it with her.
Post a Comment