The kids were out front playing hide and seek Friday night. Then they stopped. They were bored. So I told them to try another game. They played Freeze tag. Then they stopped. They were bored again. They wanted to go inside. INSIDE! On such a beautiful evening. We keep telling them to enjoy this weather while it lasts because it won't last long. We've been telling them since early May, but the weather continues to prove us wrong. I told them to play Red Rover. "What's that?" they ALL asked. Have we failed them as parents? Never having taught them Red Rover!! Mind you, these are kids from four different families and none of them knew Red Rover! I am aghast!
So I explained the game. And they played.


And then we were reminded why we didn't teach them Red Rover. Both Cade and Aiden got clotheslined! Aiden's was the best. His neck hooked around their joined hands, his feet flew out from under him and he landed flat on his back. It was funny, but only because he didn't cry. He couldn't. The wind was knocked out of him.
So I taught them dodge ball. You know, the one with the circle. They loved it!
Next week, I'll teach them a little game I like to call "Kick the Can".
1 comment:
Oh the games we used to play before TV and Video Games warped us. If I remember right you loved to play kick the can when we were teenagers.
Post a Comment