Today was Bret's birthday. I gave him quite possibly the worst gift ever...strep throat (You're welcome dear!). He started up with it Tuesday night and it's been pain and misery ever since. Actually, Bret always gets his own birthday/Father's Day gifts...season tickets to ASU football. I get off pretty easy in the gift department. I did throw in some cologne though. I took the kids to the dollar store today so Bret could get some rest; they just can't leave him alone when he's home. I let them pick him out a gift from them. Aiden picked out some squooshy rubbery rabbit thing, and I'll give you one guess what Grayson picked for him...cars! They let Bret open the toys and then took off with them themselves. It's the thought that counts, right? Bret was feeling a bit better so I made him his birthday breakfast for lunch. Then Aiden and I made him some cupcakes (these were probably more for me!). All in all it was a pretty crappy birthday! Here's hoping 34 is better, Honey! Happy Birthday, anyway!
2 comments:
Oh well. Happy Birthday, Brett. Hope you feel better soon.
Happy Belated Birthday to Bret sorry to hear he was sick. I had strep throat on Preston's birthday one year. Maybe it is a June thing. I am taking the kids to the $store tomorrow for Preston's presents. It is a tradition we do and I enjoy seeing what they pick.
Post a Comment