We made our annual trip to Airplane Flat this year the Ericksons and some of the Hollands joined us this year. Have I ever mentioned this is my favorite place to camp? If not, it is!
A little dutch oven cookin'...can't go wrong there!
Fires NOT restricted...can't go wrong there!
Fish Hatchery...well...my kids LOVE it!
Rock hopping at the creek...my favorite!
Hand fishing? Really? Who wants to EAT a fish let alone TOUCH one??!! EWWWW!
Look who caught one with her bare hands? It seemed to be a "special" fish...but still.
Tree swinging time!
Aaaaaaand backk to the creek. Because it's my favorite!
I know you're going to ask, what the heck is this next picture?
If you look closely. Very. Close. You'll see that just outside of the lit area is a black and white critter.
YUP! SKUNKS! Every night we were invaded by skunks. Did you know a skunk could climb a tree? I didn't! We found out when we woke up in the middle of the night to one of the critters SWINGING on our trash bag. He/she was whipping around on that thing trying to tear into it. Bret threw a rock and it dropped, flipped it's back end towards us and raised it's fluffy tail. Does anyone know the spraying distance of a skunk? It would be good to know for future trips.
Cards!
I took a bit of a schooling at Casino. It USED to be my favorite card game.
One last trip to the tree swing before it was scatsville!
I did it, too. For some reason, Aiden was taking the pictures though and didn't catch me in mid-swing. Just the landing. Really. I really did it!
Who's down for next year?! Dutch oven, creek, fish hatcher, tree swing, cards. Skunks. If this didn't entice you, I don't know what will!
No comments:
Post a Comment