Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Bed of My--er--Mabel's Dreams!






This is what we've been up to:Building a bed! That we found at this awesome website. And contrary to what Bret may have posted on Facebook, I did not do it alone!The proof is in the pudding my friends. The proof is in the pudding.



Does anyone know what that means?



Neither do I.


But here is the result of my blood pressure, sweat, and tears! We finished it! There was a lot of arguing and a little bit of swearing...but we finished!



Kayleen, your name may have been used for good an evil during this little project. But ultimately, I thank you for your painting tips! I must have sanded a gajillion times, only to jack it all up with semi-gloss polyacrilic! But you can't see that in the dim lights of Mabel's room and for that I am grateful!


She has a lot of imperfections...some probably only I could pick out, others a lot more obvious. But I think I still love her. Especially now that she's done!


The quilt was the result of my blood (literally). I don't know how many times I cut myself on the stupid thread cutter (the guard broke off months ago).


Oh wait! Yes I do. Five. Five times! I'm a slow learner. But I really don't know how many times I pricked myself with those blasted pins!
I really do love it. It actually turned out EXACTLY as I had imagined. This is a a rarity.

1 comment:

Rosie & John Biggs said...

I wonder who was doing the cussing?

flenfret