Followers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ride 'em Cowboy!

On Friday night we went to the Parada Del Sol Rodeo in Scottsdale. The kids enjoyed it in spite of it being a late night for them. FYI, the pictures are terrible because they were taken with Bret's cell. We forgot our camera. They had a bunch of booths set up outside of the arena. One of them had a mechanical bull. The kids just HAD to have a ride. Aiden took the first go round...
He actually did well in spite of the terror on his face! I wish we had a better camera so we could have captured it.
Then it was Gray's turn. I have to admit, I had more faith in Gray than Aiden. Gray is usually the more adventurous one. Boy was I wrong!

The controller guy started off by just spinning the bull in circles.Then he gave it one gentle rock and Gray was DONE! He scrunched up his face like he was gonna cry, but the guy went back to making it just spin. Gray kept his eyes on the bull's head the entire 3 three seconds he was on. Bret asked him if he was done. He nodded his head and he couldn't get off of that thing fast enough!
Then it was the cousins' turns. Kaleb and Talon weren't as terrified after seeing Aiden and Gray do it, so they did much better.
They had a great time, but I don't think any of them will become rodeo cowboys any time soon!

No comments: